It was a few years ago that I first tried cheesecake in one of the amazing cafes in Pune and since then I have been meaning to try making one at home. Cheesecake is something everyone loves but for some reason, it often strikes as something that is very hard to make. Came back home, googled it, saw some youtube recipes, read some blogs and I couldn’t find an easy recipe. It either had a lot of ingredients or involved a lot of steps.
I am a culinary student and with bakery fest right around the corner, I wanted to bring something different to the table. A few ideas later, I came up with this amazing recipe. Appreciated by all the chief guests that attended the event (pastry chefs from 5-stars Hotels in Pune), This recipe yields a perfect cheesecake which is super easy to make and super delish as well!!!
- 120 gms Cream Cheese
- 50 ml Heavy Cream
- 6 Pieces Strawberries
- 100 gms Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 10 Pieces Digestive Biscuits
- 25 gms Unsalted Butter
- Start by making the crumb base, use digestive biscuits.
- In a bowl, crush digestive biscuits and add melted unsalted butter to it, the butter helps bind the mixture.
- Now, in a saucepan add chopped strawberries. Cook them along with some water for a few minutes.
- Now add sugar to it and keep stirring till the compote thickens. It should be thick and sweet.
- Next, to the main star ingredient of the dish, Cream Cheese frosting. Start by softening cream cheese in a bowl.
- Add heavy cream, vanilla extract and icing sugar (if required, I used topping cream) and beat the mixture till stiff peaks. Transfer to a piping bag and chill for some time.
- Start by filling the biscuit crumb in the glass and let it refrigerate for 10-15 Mins. Pipe out the cream cheese frosting on top of it and pour some of that luscious strawberry compote on top of it. I have added a sable (French tart base) on top of it along with some dill leaves (optional)
- Refrigerate some time and Enjoy your sinful cheesecake once cold.