Vanilla muffins are probably the first confectionery treat you might have tried and probably the first you baked as well. They were my first for sure and still my favourite treat to bake as well. A simple treat to bake but when I first started baking I was super confused between the tons of recipes online and most of them included eggs. With so many attempts failing, I finally ended up using the recipe which was all along at home, My Mom’s recipe.
Every Indian mom has one and with a few tweaks to the recipe, I could make the best Vanilla muffins now at home. Simple, soft, and fluffy with a perfect crumbly but moist texture, DELISH!!! I hope you have a fun time baking some, HAPPY BAKING.
- 60 gms Unsalted Butter (1/2 cup)
- 60 gms Icing sugar (1/2 cup)
- 65 gms Milk powder (1/2 cup)
- 5 ml Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
- 125 gms Refined Flour (1 cup)
- 5 gms Baking powder (1 1/4th tsp)
- 3 gms Baking soda (3/4th tsp)
- 150 ml Milk (3/4th cup)
- In a bowl, start by creaming butter till it softens. Add in the icing sugar to the butter, small portions at a time and whisk till the sugar dissolves.
- Add in the vanilla extract and stir it.
- Take a sieve; sift in Milk powder, refined flour, Baking powder and baking soda into the mixture.
- Add milk gradually to the mixture & fold it. Note- the mixture should be combined using a spatula, not a whisk. Use whisk only if you see lumps forming, over whisking the batter might result in bad product.
- Grease your muffin mould using butter & refined flour or use cupcake liners instead.
- Transfer the batter into the mould and bake them in a preheated oven at170-degree Celsius or 338-degree Fahrenheit for about 18-25 mins. Your perfect Vanilla muffins are ready!!!
- Add milk to adjust consistency, you want the batter to be at dropping consistency....... too thick of a batter will result in dense cake while too thin of a batter will result in an uncooked product.
- Keep an eye on your product all the time; poke the muffins to check if they have baked properly. Clean toothpick without any batter ensures that the muffin is fully baked.