Cake jars are something which became popular a few years ago and since then it was something every confectionery shop started selling. The idea was to make a dessert using a cake that is easy to carry, you know how messy pastries become when you travel right. A small jar filled with cake and layers of sinful creams, ganache, and compotes makes it a perfect treat.
Made a Chocolate cake jar a few days back. A complete dose of chocolate to make you drool just by its look. Tried to include a layer of soft cream, a fluffy cake with a strong coffee flavour, some thick but airy ganache, and a crunchy Oreo. A combination of different texture topped with a lovely chocolate decoration and some mint leaves ain’t that pretty.
Chocolate Cake Jar
- 150 gms Heavy Cream
- 50 gms Heavy Cream
- 80 gms Dark Chocolate
- 80 gms Milk Chocolate
- 90 gms White Chocolate
- 8 Pieces Oreo Cookies
- 4 Pieces Brownies
- 30 ml Coffee Decoction
- 4 Leaves Mint leaves (For Garnish)
- Start by whipping some heavy cream and layer the bottom of the jar.
- Place a slice of that sinful Brownie on the whipped cream. Pour some coffee decoction on the Brownie. (NOTE: The coffee helps enhance the chocolate taste, making it a perfect cocoa dose)
- On to the Chocolate ganache, start by placing all 3 chocolates in separate bowls.
- Heat the heavy cream and add the appropriate amount in each bowl, stir vigorously to melt the chocolate in the hot cream. (NOTE: The ratio for the cream to chocolate for all 3 are as follows- 1:2 for Dark Chocolate, 1:3 for Milk & White chocolate, adjust more cream if you find it thick)
- Place the Ganache mixture in the refrigerator for about 30 Mins and whip it. It will become light and airy.
- Now layer the Cake jar by piping this ganache. Start with dark and all the way to white on top. Add some crushed Oreos to it.
- Make a chocolate disc and place on top. Pipe some ganache on top and add mint leaves.
- Refrigerate it for some time and serve chilled.