When it comes to making dessert in very limited time this is the one thing that I always make. No matter what the occasion with the right cutlery/glasses this simple treat might actually turn out to look like a very appealing dessert. And with the right combination of flavours, a very promising dish as well.
Some of my favourite combos- Chocolate and Cherries, Mango and lemon, Honey and Cinnamon, Saffron and pistachios and many more.
I always mention that I share recipes that are easy to make but this recipe takes simplicity to the next level. A recipe that requires as simple as 3 ingredients to make and is an absolute treat. Mousse is one of the most simple things to make and since lemon is one of favourite ingredient to use in the dessert I made a batch of these lovely mousse glasses a few days back. A creamy mango flavoured treat along with some lemon zest to make it both sweet and sour with some crunch of pistachios.
Mango Lemon Mousse
- 250 ml Heavy cream (sweetened) (1 1/4th cup)
- 50 ml Mango puree (1/4th cup)
- 15 gms Lemon zest (5 tsp)
- 20 gms Pistachios
- Mint leaves (for garnish)
- In a bowl, add in the heavy cream and whip it till soft peaks.
- Add in the mango puree and about 1 tsp lemon zest to it and beat again. Beat till stiff peaks. NOTE: Do not add in lemon juice because it might overpower the mango taste)
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Fill half the glass with the mousse, create a cavity in between and fill it with mango puree.
- Pipe the rest of the mousse on top of it.
- Add lemon zest on top, pistachios and a mint leaf. Refrigerate for another 10-15 minutes and serve!!!