I have made cookies a few times before and trust me, these were the prettiest ones I made so far. Inspired by the local Barfi that we get in sweet shops I tried to make them look as similar as possible. Made mine in a tricolor, White, pink and violet, kinda like a unicorn…. haha.
yet another simple recipe to make with just 4-5 ingredients and worry not the steps are very simple as well. I love my cookies with some warm milk and coffee, not a tea person, and they taste 1000 times more amazing. Hope you’ll are keeping safe during the lockdown, stay safe and happy baking.
Unicorn Pinwheel cookies
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Icing sugar
- 1 Cup Refined Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Rose Emulsion (Few Drops)
- Food Colouring (Violet) (Few Drops)
- Start by creaming together butter and icing sugar.
- Add in the Vanilla extract and mix well.
- Sift in the refined flour and baking powder and mix to form a soft dough. Add water and form a dough.
- Now divide the dough into three, let one of them aside and add rose emulsion and food colouring to the other two. Knead them again for the colour to mix entirely with the dough.
- Now, roll the white/basic dough into a cylinder. Roll the other two-coloured dough into sheets and wrap them around the white dough.
- Wrap this cylindrical dough into a cling wrap and refrigerate for about 30 mins.
- Once stiff cut them into slices using a dough cutter and place them in a tray, bake at 170 degrees for about 15 mins.
- Remove them and let them cool, they will be soft at first but get hard once cool. Serve with some tea/coffee.