I have been going to the gym for almost 2 years now and I have never really stuck with a proper diet. Being a culinary arts student and a food enthusiast I often try many things outside the home and well my tummy instantly shows. I am sure that there are many who don’t like dieting and eat whatever they like well here is something to munch on before your workout, It has a chocolate element so I guess you wouldn’t mind making some.
A simple and sweet recipe with an additional health benefit. Lovely honey and dry fruit crumble with a luscious chocolatey layer…….. tasty!!! Just a small tip use the best quality dark chocolate you can, Dark chocolate has many medicinal properties.
Chocolate Energy Bars
- 200 gms Dark Chocolate
- 40 gms Butter
- 120 gms Honey
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 150 gms Oats
- 20 gms Almonds
- 20 gms Hazel Nuts
- 40 gms Walnuts
- 15 gms Black Raisins
- 40 gms Pumpkin Seeds
- 10 pieces Cashew Nuts (Half cut for garnish)
- 20 gms Pistachios
- Start by roasting all the dry fruits, nuts and Oatmeal so that you don't get the raw taste when you have it.
- Add all the dry fruits, nuts and Oatmeal in a bowl. Add cinnamon powder for flavour.
- Add in the honey and mix it well till it is all bind together. Transfer the mixture into a lined flat tray. NOTE: Line the tray with a plastic wrap. Cling wrap or butter paper so that the energy bar doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Melt some dark chocolate and butter in a bowl and mix well. Add the chocolate on top of the mixture.
- Top it with some cashew nuts and pistachios.
- Refrigerate till it sets, demould, cut and enjoy!!!