I have tried to make the swiss roll a couple of times now, but this time I did a little bit of research and found some interesting tricks to get that perfect shape.
Baked a simple tricoloured sponge, oh it did take a lot of time to pipe the three colours one by one but it was worth it. Layered the cake with some whipped cream, glazed cherries, and pistachios……. so good. Tried to include all the tips regarding the issues I faced, if you have any other difficulties feel free to DM me on Instagram, Happy Baking!!!
- 50 ml Oil
- 60 gms Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 95 gms Refined Flour
- 30 gms Milk powder
- 2 gms Baking powder
- 2 gms Baking soda
- 120 ml Milk
- Food colouring
- 1/2 Cup Whipped cream
- 1/8 Cup Glazed Cherries
- 2 tbsp Pistachio
- Start by taking oil in a bowl, add sugar to it and mix well.
- Now add vanilla essence to it and mix again
- Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl- refined flour, baking powder, baking soda, and milk powder.
- Add Milk and fold it well till well combined.
- Divide the batter into three parts, add food coloring of your choice to it and mix.
- Now fill the batter into piping bags and pipe the batter, about 4 mm thick (in strips for a lovely pattern) on a pre-lined baking tray. NOTE: Applying baking paper to the tray is very essential here, this will help demould the cake easily when hot without breaking to shape it later.
- Now bake the cake at 170-degrees Celsius or 340 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes.
- Remove the cake, let it rest for a minute, and flip it over to demould it, be careful it will still be hot.
- Take a cloth, dust some powdered sugar on it, and place the cake on it. Remove the baking paper and roll the cake into a cylinder.
- Keep the cake in the same form in the refrigerator for 20 mins
- Remove the cake, add whipped cream, cherries, and pistachios on it and roll carefully into a cylinder. Put it into freezer for 1 hour.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!!!